Is this the end of traditional media?
C² is very happy to invite you to the 5th edition of the Belgian Communication Summit, which gathers all leading Belgian PR and communication agencies, key communication managers and recognized speakers. This year, the Summit will focus entirely on the future of our media landscape in Belgium.
We will have keynote speeches by Peter Vandermeersch (NRC) and Jean-Paul Philippot (RTBF). Afterwards, there will be an interactive panel discussion where the keynote speakers are joined by Paul Daenen (DPG Media), Isabel Albers (Mediafin), Olivier Standaert (Prof. UCL), Patrick Lacroix (Belga News Agency) and Wouter Verschelden (GMGroup / Newsweek België).
Moderator: Suyin Aerts
We will start in a slightly changed format to make the Summit more attractive to the audience, starting at 16h30 with a welcome coffee. Afterwards, we will listen to the keynote speeches and the panel debate. We will close the Summit around 19h with a networking reception.
The future of our media landscape
- How will traditional print media have the best chances to consolidate or improve their place in the market?
- What about competition from “Big Tech” players with their social media channels?
- Is the status of journalists and editorial staff changing dramatically? What about bloggers and influencers?
- Will they start playing a more important role?
- 16h30: Registration + Welcoming by C²’s President Kris Poté (NL/FR)
- 17h-17h30: Keynote 1 (NL): Peter Vandermeersch (NRC)
- 17h30-18h: Keynote 2 (FR): Jean-Paul Philippot (RTBF)
- 18h-19h: Panel discussion (NL/FR): Peter Vandermeersch, Jean-Paul Philippot, Paul Daenen, Isabel Albers, Olivier Standaert, Patrick Lacroix & Wouter Verschelden
- 19h-20h: Networking drink