March 8th is International Women’s day. Looking at research facts and figures (World Economic Forum), Belgium still has a long way to go in terms of gender equality on the C level, inclusion and the pay gap between men and women (it hasn’t moved in the last decade). Belgium scores even worse today than it did a decade ago in the global ranking of gender equality. According to the WEF, the overall global gender gap will close in 99.5 years if we continue at today’s speed.
FAM wants to take a stand and put the spotlight on companies who prove that a gender-balanced direction committee pays off on all levels. FAM wants to give the stage to female entrepreneurs who have created their own ‘smart female network’ in response to the old boys network. Finally, FAM wants you to listen and learn from (female) CEOs, politicians and leading women in tech who all prove that things can change.
FAM’s mission is to showcase the change in gender-related issues, point out hopeful initiatives and inspire the marketing community. Let’s join forces in the Bulthaup kitchen – where some men still prefer to keep women – and take matters in our own hands to take part in the revolution.
Moderator of the evening is Suyin Aerts.
- 18:00 – 19:00 – Welcome
- 19:00 – 19:15 – Introduction by Isabel Verstraete, President – Female Association of Marketing
- 19:15 – 19:45 – Duo Keynote: Kate Stockman (Stockmanverstraete) & Maha-Karim Hosselet (MKKM)
- 19:45 – 20:15 – Duo Keynote: Saskia Van Uffelen (Gfi World) & Loubna Azghoud
- 20:15 – 20:30 – Break
- 20:30 – 21:15 – Duo Keynote: John Porter (Telenet) & Ann Caluwaerts (Telenet)
- 21:15 – 21:45 – Keynote presentation by Alexander De Croo
- 21:45 – 22:15 – Questions & Wrap-up
- 22:15 – 22:30 – Closure