Here we answer some frequently asked questions, but we are always ready to answer your questions one-on-one.
All questions, comments and suggestions are welcome at any time.
- How can I subscribe to the MediaSpecs database?
- Which information does MediaSpecs publish?
- Which media types are included?
- Who currently uses MediaSpecs?
- How is the database kept up-to-date?
- How can I find relevant media for my target group?
- How are media linked to themes and target groups among others?
- Can I download data?
- Can I also log in from home?
FAQ for media companies
- Is there a charge for publishing my information in MediaSpecs?
- How can I include my media in MediaSpecs?
- Do publishers and sales houses also have access to the database?
- What is the Publisher Admin?
- How can I access my Publisher Admin?
- Can I see who consults my information?
- Are there other ways to tell planners and advertisers about my media via MediaSpecs?
How can I subscribe to the MediaSpecs database?
A subscription gives you unlimited access to the MediaSpecs database. Our search engine is available 24/7, for all the employees in your company. You can find all specific subscription rates here: ratecard 2020, ratecard 2021 and ratecard 2022.
You can get acquainted with the database by using a trial subscription. This way, you can see how rich and user friendly it is.
If you would like to subscribe or you have questions about the different subscription formulas, contact Bart Kuypers.
Which information does MediaSpecs publish?
- Advertising rates
- Editorial information (description, profile and target group)
- Circulation numbers (i.a. figures issued by CIM)
- Campaign planners (date of publication, delivery and reservation)
- Technical specifications and requirements
- Cover images
- Contact details of editors and sales houses
- Editorial specials
Which media types are included?
- Free press
- Trade press
The following media opportunities are excluded:
- Product specific activities such as merchandising and tailormade products
- Personal services such as personal product promotion
- Permanent advertising such as facade lettering and vehicle lettering
- Out-of-home media with a total reach of less than 2.500 persons
Who currently uses MediaSpecs?
MediaSpecs is used by media professionals at advertising agencies, media agencies, advertisers and PR agencies. These professionals include communication managers, media managers, marketing managers, media planners, account managers and PR managers. Several colleges, research agencies and media companies also have a subscription.
How is the database kept up-to-date?
- Publishers and sales houses submit their changes on a daily basis, and these are processed in MediaSpecs immediately
- Publishers and sales houses can review their own information and are able to easily inform MediaSpecs of any changes
- Publishers inform MediaSpecs when they launch a new medium. MediaSpecs also actively monitors new introductions in the media market
How can I find relevant media for my target group?
There are several options for searching the database. For example, you can search by theme, category, branch, profession, municipality, area and location. Obviously, there is also a free search.
How are media linked to themes and target groups among others?
For each medium, our central editorial team determines the appropriate link (category, sector, theme, position/profession, location, municipality or province). This means that your search results contain only relevant items.
Can I download data?
You can download all PDF files and images of media. You can also download certain information to one efficient Excel file, such as editorial and commercial contact details. Furthermore, you can download your selection of media to Excel with circulation figures, publication dates, editorial Specials and 1/1 page full colour rates.
Can I also log in from home?
Yes, that’s possible. Subscribers ask for a login based on their email address. These personal logins are not linked to an IP address and can therefore also be used at home.
Please send an email to email@example.com or call +32-476417786.
It is possible that your personal account is already active, but that you have forgotten the password. Just click on “forgot password” on the login screen and follow the instructions.
FAQ for meda companies
Is there a charge for publishing my information in MediaSpecs?
All publishers and sales houses can have their information included free of charge. As such, all media can be included and MediaSpecs can guarantee that the contents of the database are as complete as possible.
How can I include my media in MediaSpecs?
You can email your ratecards (see also “Which information does MediaSpecs publish?”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please send your information in low-resolution PDF files.
Once your information has been processed in MediaSpecs, you will receive an email with a link to your personal Publisher Admin.
Do publishers and sales houses also have access to the database?
You can access your own information in MediaSpecs at any time via the Publisher Admin.
If you wish to view information of other publishers, MediaSpecs offers a pay-to-access facility at a reduced rate that allows you to view all information in the database.
What is the Publisher Admin?
The Publisher Admin is your ‘homepage’ within the MediaSpecs Database. Inside, you will be able to review all you own information, including:
- descriptions of your medium/title in three languages (ENG-DU-FR)
- calendar information of your medium/title
- editiorial Specials (thematic issues, files and special editions)
- addresses and contact details (editorial and commercial)
- cover images
- ratecards and other PDF files
- advertisement dimensions
- detailed information on your medium/title such as circulation, release frequency, etc.
Directly from the Publisher Admin, you are able to easily inform us of any changes or new media, including a ratecard as an attachment. (Which can also be emailed to email@example.com.)
Whenever you log in using your personal code, the Publisher Admin will give you an up-to-date overview of your information as currently published in MediaSpecs.
How can I access my Publisher Admin?
The email in which we ask you to check your details contains a link to your personal Publisher Admin.
You can also access the Publisher Admin using a personal login code. If you have yet to receive it, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +32-15617923.
Can I see who consults my information?
MediaSpecs uses log files, but we do not provide details of who has consulted your information. This is in accordance with our privacy statement.
Are there other ways to tell planners and advertisers about my media via MediaSpecs?
The MediaSpecs database is advertising-free, but MediaSpecs offers sales houses and editors the opportunity to provide more specific information for media planners and advertisers via banners on the news website and in the weekly newsletter. For rates of these banners, please refer to the ratecard.
Your question is not in this list?
If you have more questions, please let us know. Send an email to email@example.com or call us on +32-15617923.