Here is a list of questions and answers. But we are always ready to answer your questions.
All questions, comments and suggestions are welcome at any time.
- How can I subscribe to the MediaSpecs database?
- Which information does MediaSpecs publish?
- Which media types are included?
- Who currently uses MediaSpecs?
- How is the database kept up-to-date?
- How can I find relevant media for my target group?
- How are media linked to for instance themes and target groups?
- Can I download data?
- What happens when a medium no longer exists?
- Can I also log in at home?
FAQ for publishers and sales houses
- Is there a charge for publishing my information in MediaSpecs?
- How can I include my media in MediaSpecs?
- Do publishers and sales houses also have access to the database?
- What is the Portfolio?
- How can I access my Portfolio?
- Can I see who consults my information?
- Are there other ways to tell planners and advertisers about my media via MediaSpecs?
How can I subscribe to the MediaSpecs database?
A subscription gives you an unlimited access to the MediaSpecs database. Our search engine is available 24/7, for all the employees in your company. You can find all specific subscription prices here: ratecard 2020 and ratecard 2021.
You can get acquainted with the database by using a trial subscription. This way, you can see how rich and user friendly it is.
If you’d like to subscribe or you have questions about the different subscription formulas, contact Bart Kuypers.
Which information does MediaSpecs publish?
- Advertising rates
- Editorial information (description, profile and target group)
- Circulation numbers (i.a. figures issued by CIM)
- Campaign planners (date of publication, delivery and reservation)
- Technical specifications and requirements
- Cover images
- Contact details of editors and sales houses
- Editorial specials
Which media types are included?
- Free press
- Trade press
The following media opportunities are excluded:
- Product specific activities such as merchandising and tailormade products
- Personal services such as personal product promotion
- Permanent advertising such as facade lettering and vehicle lettering
- Out-of-home media with a total reach of less than 2.500 persons
Who currently uses MediaSpecs?
MediaSpecs is used by media professionals at advertising agencies, media agencies, advertisers and PR agencies. These professionals include communication managers, media managers, marketing managers, media planners, account managers and PR managers. Several colleges, research agencies and media companies also have a subscription.
How is the database kept up-to-date?
- Publishers and sales houses submit their changes on a daily basis, and these are processed in MediaSpecs immediately
- Publishers and sales houses can edit their own information, such as contact persons, addresses, pictures and descriptions
- MediaSpecs contacts publishers and sales houses if they have not checked their information for six months or more
- Publishers inform MediaSpecs when they launch a new medium. MediaSpecs also actively monitors new introductions in the media market
How can I find relevant media for my target group?
There are several options for searching the database. For example, you can search using a theme, category, branch, profession, municipality, area and location. Obviously, there is also a free search.
How are media linked to for instance themes and target groups?
For each medium, our central editorial team determines the appropriate link (category, sector, theme, position/profession, location, municipality or province). This means that your search results contain only relevant items.
Can I download data?
You can download all PDF files and images of media. You can also download certain information in an Excel file, such as editorial and commercial contacts. Furthermore, you can download in Excel your selection of media with circulation figures, publication dates and 1/1 page full color prices.
What happens when a medium no longer exists?
Media that no longer exist are placed in an archive, and are no longer included in the search results. However, the obsolete information can still be retrieved by means of a “free search” using the name of the former medium.
Can I also log in at home?
Yes, that’s possible. Subscribers ask for a login based on their email address. These personal logins are not linked to an IP address and can therefore also be used at home.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32-476417786.
It is possible that your personal account is already active, but that you have forgotten the password. Just click on “forgot password” on the login screen and follow the instructions.
FAQ for publishers and sales houses
Is there a charge for publishing my information in MediaSpecs?
All publishers and sales houses can have their information included free of charge. We do this because we want the database to be complete.
How can I include my media in MediaSpecs?
You can e-mail your ratecards (see also “Which information does MediaSpecs publish?”) to email@example.com. If possible, please send your information in low-resolution PDF format.
When your information has been processed in MediaSpecs, you will receive an e-mail with a link to your personal Portfolio.
Do publishers and sales houses also have access to the database?
You can access your own information in MediaSpecs at any time via the Portfolio.
If you wish to view information of other publishers, MediaSpecs offers a pay-to-access facility at a reduced rate that allows you to view all information in the database.
What is the Portfolio?
The Portfolio is your ‘homepage’ in MediaSpecs, where the editor or sales house can:
- fill in descriptions of your medium/title in three languages
- add and manage your new Specials (thematic and special editions)
- edit address details and information on contact persons
- upload the latest cover images
- check your published information and e-mail new ratecards to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whenever you log in using your personal code, the Portfolio will give you an up-to-date overview of your information as it is currently published in MediaSpecs.
How can I access my Portfolio?
The e-mail in which we ask you to check your details contains a link to your personal Portfolio.
You can also access the Portfolio using a personal login code. If you have not yet received this, contact us at email@example.com or +32-15617923.
Can I see who consults my information?
MediaSpecs uses log files, but we do not provide details of who has consulted your information. This is in accordance with our privacy statement.
Are there other ways to tell planners and advertisers about my media via MediaSpecs?
The MediaSpecs database is advertising-free, but MediaSpecs offers sales houses and editors the opportunity to provide more specific information for media planners and advertisers via banners on the news website and in the weekly newsletter. For rates of these banners, please see the ratecard.
Your question is not in this list?
If you have more questions, please let us know. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +32-15617923.