Mediaplus is looking for a Junior Hybrid Media Buyer to join her thriving team in Brussels.
A media buyer negotiates, purchases and monitors advertising space and airtime on behalf of his clients. He aims to reach the highest number of people in the target audience at the lowest possible cost. Together with the media planner (or media account manager), he will find the most innovative and creative solutions in media use.
- Keeping up to date with industry research figures, including distribution figures (newspapers and magazines) and audience figures (television and radio) as well as the digital evolution in terms of buying and reporting.
- Monitoring buying strategies.
- Negotiating with media sales houses to obtain the best rates and most appropriate media spaces in online, broadcast and print advertising.
- Booking individual advertising spots, e.g. pages, posters, internet banners, broadcast adverts, etc.
- Ensuring that the adverts run accurately so the desired media message is seen and heard by consumers.
- Client reporting and budget management, including help the media planner by preparing overall costs for clients and producing spending updates throughout the campaign.
- Collecting and analyzing sales and consumer data.
- Undertaking research using a wide range of specialist media resources (focus on planning and buying tools such as Galileo and Arianna, but also new buying and reporting tools in the digital media era).
- Analyzing the effectiveness of the campaign and using this data to inform future campaigns.
- Working on a range of client accounts at the same time, often juggling various projects and deadlines.
- Supporting the media planner or media account manager and other colleagues.
Desired skills and experience
- Have previous experience in a similar position or internship gained within a media agency is essential for this role.
- Communicates effectively and persuasively, verbally and in writing.
- Can negotiate with clients and suppliers and has the ability to profitably manage budgets assigned to a project.
- Fluent in English, native in Dutch and/or French.
The Mediaplus Group is Germany’s largest independent, partner-managed media agency with offices in Munich and Hamburg as well as branches in Vienna, Zurich, Milan, Brussels, etc. The group combines classical media planning with extensive knowhow from the areas of digital media, geomedia, CRM, research and neuromarketing. And that’s why Mediaplus, founded in 1983, has consistently stood for innovative and creative media management, strategic media conception, efficient media buying and a target-oriented outlook thanks to professional market and media research both on a national and international level. Today, a team of around 200 looks after clients such as Fedex, Solvay, Converse, McArthurGlen, Torfs, Fidea, Corendon, etc. Every year we reaffirm our commitment to being the “innovation agency for brand individual media”.
Interested? Contact Kathleen Soontjens via firstname.lastname@example.org.