We are looking for an experienced, talented and ambitious Communications Manager to join our rapidly growing firm.
As Communications Manager, you will interact with our key clients and implement tactics. This means you will be responsible for tactics, messaging documents, press materials, research, pitches and media outreach in close collaboration with our Management team and senior communication managers.
Growth Inc. is an Antwerp-based strategic communications firm advising international companies, entrepreneurs and exciting scale-ups. The services we offer our clients are: thought leadership, outreach programs, economic consultancy, media relations, public affairs, financial communication, internal and change communication and crisis communications.
We represent fast-growing companies in a variety of fields such as consumer technology, fast moving consumer goods; logistics, healthcare and medtech, financial services, consulting firms or non-profits. Our team is well-connected, demanding and very ambitious.
- Set out strategies and tactics which support the objectives of our clients together with the senior leadership of the firm
- Draft and conduct media pitches and stakeholder outreach programs
- Consistently seek out new media opportunities, targets and ways to enhance media impact
- Regularly contribute to Growth Inc.’s blog and social media platforms
- Pro-actively respond to daily client requests with minimal supervision
- React quickly to emerging issues, urgent client requests and challenging policy environments
- Broaden a deep knowledge of social, political and economic issues that impact our clients
- Read the news daily, searching for news jacking opportunities or ways to tie client announcements to the wider news agenda
- Support and coordinate on multiple client accounts, with close attention to detail
- Work hard, grow fast and go to a lot of places and have a lot of fun
To apply, you should have minimum the following capabilities and experience:
- Minimum a bachelor in a relevant academic background
- Relevant experience and proven track record in a communications or public affairs role, either agency-side or in-house, preferably between 3 to 5 years.
- Demonstrate strong client management skills
- Be commercial and result-driven
- Excellent language and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Evidence of strong writing, editing and proofreading ability
- Native in Dutch and fluent in English and French
- Excellent presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Be organized, efficient and effective
- Project management skills (multi-tasking, workload management, prioritization and respecting deadlines)
- Strong appetite for news and information, especially related to societal issues, politics and policy and a deep knowledge of the Belgian political and economic landscape.
- Have an international mindset
- Strategic thinking
- Be enthusiastic and motivated in a fast-paced work environment
- Resilient and able to work under time pressure
- Good social skills and team player
- Open minded, curious and creative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work environment: The most overused buzzword in CVs and job offers. This is how we work: Do you need to see the dentist? Is Belgium facing the worst traffic jam ever? Do you need to apply for jury duty? All of these are negotiable. Are we approaching a deadline? We count on you.
- You work for various high-profile clients in diverse sectors.
- Always something to learn: colleagues sing in a choir, travel to exotic places to learn new languages, cycle like madmen, have ministers on speed dial or use horses as the perfect mental coach. Got any questions? Fire away!
- Fully stocked fridge. Always a fresh flower on your desk. Always a surprising office challenge. A fitness room with showers
- You will never eat alone. (Did we already mention our amazing sunlit offices and a rooftop restaurant just two floors away?)
- And last but not least, our office is centrally located in Antwerp, the creative capital of the Low Countries. Easy reachable by public transportation with a tram stop, bus stop and cycle station in front of the office. We use shared bikes and e-steps to move around in this bustling city or to quickly have a lunch break in the nearby bookstore.
When you are interested in this position, please apply here: https://jobs.growth-inc.be/en/communications-manager.